Thursday 5 September 2013

My Favourite Things Part Deux

Well, I've scrapped perfecting the Color Theory Cowl.  I started making a second one with brighter colours and it reminded me of a candy cane.  I came to realize that I just didn't like it all that much.  Worse still, to make it worthy, I would have to change the edging.  I have a different plan in the works for the purple yarn that I purchased for Vickie, but that will have to wait for now because...  

After writing about making the My Favourite Things Infinity Scarf, I decided to make one for myself - and keep it this time.  So I cast 72 stitches in the round and in two days, I have completed 3 sections.  Each section has a personal significance to me.  For example, I knit the chevron pattern with maroon and gold - the colours of the school where I worked for 11 years.  I also created a band with the year that I got married and my initial plus my husband's initial.

I can't emphasize enough how creative and enjoyable it is to make this scarf.  Half the fun is in coming up with the ideas for each band.  Like the first scarf I made, I am going to use an animal motif.  It adds a bit of whimsy.  I am also going to integrate national colours of countries that I've traveled to.  And of course I will create a band to represent each of my sons.  Oh so many ideas!  I'll continue to post pictures of my progress as the scarf develops.  


No comments:

Post a Comment