Sunday 15 September 2013

Get Your Bootie On!


As I mentioned in my previous post, there seem to be so many more styles of baby booties for girls.  When I found out that a family friend had a baby girl, I just had to make her something ultra-feminine and cute.  SO…  off to Ravelry I went.

I made baby Elaina Rose slippers with cross straps. The pattern (free at Saartje Knits, courtesy of Saartje de Bruijn) called for fingering weight yarn.  I happened to have fingering weight yarn in my stash, but after finishing the first slipper, I thought it would be too small.  How wrong I was!  I had forgotten how small newborns actually are.

I made them again using a combination of Debbie Bliss’ Baby Cashmerino (pink trim) and another baby double knit weight.  They turned out beautifully and the best part was that I knit them up in the morning of my visit.  O.k., I admit that I had to finish sewing on the buttons during the visit, but oh well!  The end result, using the double knit weight yarn, was a size 3 - 6 month slipper.  The pattern was easy and the final product was satisfying.  This will definitely be one of my go to patterns for baby gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment